Lies The Government Told You by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
The style of the author makes for both an easy read and an easy flow onto the next subject, taking the reader into areas one may not usually consider interesting or even entertaining yet Judge Napolitano manages to do both.
Government workings, legislation, law, policy and the like are not my idea of a relaxing read yet he makes it easy to both read, comprehend at a glance and entertaining into the bargain.

I was surprised and intrigued to read of some of the most blatent falsehoods that have been repeated throughout the years in regards to a number of favoured American icons and people, influencing the written history of the nation towards incorrect notions and assumptions of people in the past.
I, myself, (and possibly many other people) have mental images of several leading figures from American history based on the widely-held beliefs of their motivations and politics which are proved to be quite the opposite by the author.

This is not one of my typical Australian books but it is curious to read of the lies told to the American people by their government as many similar justifications and twisted logic has been (and continues to be) used by the Australian Government.

I'd happily recommend this book!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”